Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Installing MPICH2

I downloaded MPICH2 from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/ and installed it as Administrator on my lab's Windows Vista machine. After compiling my source the command
mpiexec.exe -n 1 MPICircuitSAT.exe
would not run complaining "Unable to connect to port 8676 ... No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." Update: Later I figured this is the error when smpd.exe is not running. Start smpd.exe using
smpd.exe -start

I then did
smpd.exe -install
in \bin, but only to receive a different error message on execution again:
"Aborting: Unable to connect ..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the same problem. I guess one solution may be that you run the cmd as Administrator. Then everything seems to be OK.